- Given to conjecturing or to depending on mere conjecture: as, a <em>conjectural</em> critic.
- Depending on conjecture; springing from or implying a guess or conjecture; problematical: as, a <em>conjectural</em> opinion; a <em>conjectural</em> emendation of a text.
- Dependent on conjecture; fancied; imagined; guessed at; undetermined; doubtful.
- In the nature of a <xref>conjecture</xref>, or based on a conjecture.
- Something that is conjectural; a <xref>conjecture</xref>.
- based primarily on surmise rather than adequate evidence