- The mucous membrane that lines the inner surface of the eyelid and the exposed surface of the eyeball.
- In <em>anat</em>, the mucous membrane which lines the inner surface of the eyelids and thence is reflected over the front of the eyeball, thus conjoining the lids and the globe of the eye: a contraction of <em>tunica conjunctiva.</em>
- In <em>entom</em>., the membrane uniting two sclerites, or hard parts of the integument, which move freely on each other.
- The mucous membrane which covers the external surface of the ball of the eye and the inner surface of the lids; the conjunctival membrane.
- A clear <xref>mucous membrane</xref> that lines the inner surface of the <xref>eyelid</xref> and the exposed surface of the <xref>eyeball</xref> or <xref>sclera</xref>.
- a transparent lubricating mucous membrane that covers the eyeball and the under surface of the eyelid