- A combination, as of events or circumstances.
- A critical set of circumstances; a crisis.
- A coming or joining together; the state of being joined; meeting: combination; union; connection; association.
- Combination of circumstances or affairs; especially, a critical state of affairs; a crisis.
- The act of joining, or state of being joined; union; connection; combination.
- A crisis produced by a combination of circumstances; complication or combination of events or circumstances; plight resulting from various conditions.
- A combination of events or <xref>circumstances</xref>; a <xref>conjunction</xref>; a <xref>union</xref>.
- A set of circumstances causing a <xref>crisis</xref>; a <xref>juncture</xref>.
- a critical combination of events or circumstances