- A woman who regularly makes romantic or sexual overtures; a flirt.
- A woman who endeavors to gain the admiration of men; a vain, selfish, trifling woman, who endeavors to attract admiration and advances in love, for the gratification of her vanity; a flirt; a jilt.
- <em>plural</em> A group of crested humming-birds, of the genus <em>Lophornis</em> (which see).
- Coquettish; like a coquette.
- A vain, trifling woman, who endeavors to attract admiration from a desire to gratify vanity; a flirt; -- formerly sometimes applied also to men.
- A tropical humming bird of the genus Lophornis, with very elegant neck plumes. Several species are known. See <ex>Illustration</ex> under <er>Spangle</er>, v. t.
- A <xref>woman</xref> who <xref>flirts</xref> or plays with men's affections.
- a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
- talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions