- A scallop-shaped dish or a scallop shell in which various seafood dishes are browned and served.
- A part of the guard of a sword-hilt. See <internalXref urlencoded="hilt">hilt</internalXref> and <em>shell.</em>
- A shell, or a dish in the form of a shell, in which preparations of fish, etc., are served.
- <em>plural</em> Spectacles of concavo-convex glass, usually tinted or smoked, used as a protection to the eyes.
- A mistake in printing, in which one letter is substituted for another.
- the left side of the heart, which contains arterial blood.
- a greatly hypertrophied heart.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="cor%20venosum">cor venosum</internalXref>.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="cor%20arteriosum">cor arteriosum</internalXref>.
- the right half of the heart, which contains venous blood.
- A shell or shell-like dish or mold in which viands are served.
- The expansion of the guard of a sword, dagger, etc.
- A form of ruching used as a dress trimming or for neckwear, and named from the manner in which it is gathered or fulled.
- A <xref>dish</xref> (meal), especially a <xref>seafood</xref> dish, served in an actual <xref>scallop</xref> shell or a <xref>dish</xref> (container) shaped like a shell.
- A <xref>scallop</xref> <xref>shell</xref> or a <xref>dish</xref> (container) shaped like a such shell, especially when used to serve the aforementioned food.
- seafood served in a scallop shell
- a dish in the form of a scallop shell