- A cracking; a chink or rift.
- In <em>pottery</em>, a separating of the glaze from the body, forming blisters which are easily broken.
- Fine cracks resulting from shrinkage on the surface of glazed pottery, concrete, or other material. The admired crackle in some Oriental potteries and porcelains is crazing produced in a foreseen and regulated way. In common pottery it is often the result of exposure to undue heat, and the beginning of disintegration.
- Present participle of <xref>craze</xref>.
- A covering of fine cracks on a hard smooth surface such as a glazed object or car exterior.