- To find fault with.
- To judge the merits and faults of; analyze and evaluate.
- To act as a critic.
- To examine or judge critically; utter or write criticisms upon; pass judgment upon with respect to merit or demerit; animadvert upon; discover and weigh the faults and merits of: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="criticize">criticize</internalXref> a painting; to <em>criticize</em> a poem; to <em>criticize</em> conduct.
- Specifically To censure; judge with severity; point out defects or faults in.
- To act as a critic; judge of anything critically; utter or write critical opinions.
- To animadvert; express opinions as to particular points: followed by <em>on.</em>
- same as <xref urlencoded="criticise">criticise</xref>.
- to <xref>find fault</xref> (with something)
- to <xref>evaluate</xref> (something), and <xref>judge</xref> its <xref>merits</xref> and <xref>faults</xref>
- act as a critic
- find fault with; express criticism of; point out real or perceived flaws