- A critical evaluation or analysis, especially one dealing with works of art or literature.
- To evaluate or analyze critically.
- A critical examination or review of the merits of something, especially of a literary or artistic work; a critical examination of any subject: as, Addison's <em>critique</em> on “Paradise Lost.”
- The art or practice of criticism; the standard or the rules of critical judgment: as, Kant's “<em>Critique</em> of the Pure Reason.” Also <internalXref urlencoded="critic">critic</internalXref>.
- An obsolete spelling of <internalXref urlencoded="critic">critic</internalXref>, 1 and 2.
- The art of criticism.
- A critical examination or estimate of a work of literature or art; a critical dissertation or essay; a careful and thorough analysis of any subject; a criticism.”
- A critic; one who criticises.
- To criticise or pass judgment upon.
- <xref>Essay</xref> in which another piece of work is <xref>criticised</xref>, <xref>reviewed</xref>, etc.
- To review something.
- appraise critically
- an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
- a serious examination and judgment of something