- A small cake of minced food, such as poultry, vegetables, or fish, that is usually coated with bread crumbs and fried in deep fat.
- A mass of finely minced and seasoned meat or fish (or rice, potato, etc.) made into a small ball or other regular form, and fried crisp and brown.
- A ball of minced meat, fowl, rice, vegetables, or other ingredients, often in a thick white sauce, highly seasoned, breaded, and fried.
- Minced, cooked, <xref>food</xref> (usually <xref>meat</xref> or <xref>vegetables</xref>), which is fried in deep fat and sometimes sprinkled with <xref>bread</xref> <xref>crumbs</xref>.
- minced cooked meats (or vegetables) in thick white sauce; breaded and deep-fried