- An image or figure of Jesus on the cross.
- A cross viewed as a symbol of Jesus's crucifixion.
- To crucify.
- A cross, or representation of a cross, with the crucified figure of Christ upon it.
- The cross of Christ; hence, the religion of Christ.
- A representation in art of the figure of Christ upon the cross; esp., the sculptured figure affixed to a real cross of wood, ivory, metal, or the like, used by the Roman Catholics in their devotions.
- The cross or religion of Christ.
- A wooden <xref>cross</xref> used for <xref>crucifixions</xref>, as by the <xref>Romans</xref>.
- An ornamental or symbolic sculptural representation of <xref>Christ</xref> on a crucifix, often worn as a <xref>pendant</xref> or displayed in a <xref>Christian</xref> <xref>church</xref>.
- The <xref>iron cross</xref>, a position on the <xref>rings</xref> where the gymnast holds the rings straight out on either side of the body.
- representation of the cross on which Jesus died
- a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings when the gymnast supports himself with both arms extended horizontally