- Failing to do what law or duty requires.
- Overdue in payment.
- A juvenile delinquent.
- A person who neglects or fails to do what law or duty requires.
- Failing in duty; offending by neglect of duty or obligation: as, a <em>delinquent</em> tenant; a <em>delinquent</em> subscriber.
- One who fails to perform a duty or discharge an obligation; one guilty of a delinquency; an offender; a culprit.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Offender, Delinquent</em>, (see <internalXref urlencoded="offender">offender</internalXref>); wrong-doer.
- One who fails or neglects to perform his duty; an offender or transgressor; one who commits a fault or a crime; a culprit.
- Failing in duty; offending by neglect of duty.
- <xref>Late</xref> or failing to pay a <xref>debt</xref> or other financial obligation, like a mortgage or loan.
- Failing in or neglectful of a duty or obligation; guilty of a misdeed or offense
- One who <xref>disobeys</xref> or <xref>breaks</xref> <xref>rules</xref> or <xref>laws</xref>.
- a term applied to <xref>royalists</xref> by their opponents in the English Civil War 1642 - 1645. Charles I was known as the chief delinquent.
- past due; not paid at the scheduled time
- failing in what duty requires
- a young offender
- guilty of a misdeed