- To counteract or destroy the toxic properties of.
- To remove the effects of poison from.
- To treat (an individual) for alcohol or drug dependence, usually under a medically supervised program designed to rid the body of intoxicating or addictive substances.
- to remove poison from; to rid of the effects of poison.
- to render (a poisonous substance) non-toxic or harmless.
- To <xref>remove</xref> <xref>foreign</xref> and <xref>harmful</xref> <xref>substances</xref> from something.
- remove poison from
- treat for alcohol or drug dependence