- A machine equipped with a semipermeable membrane and used for performing dialysis.
- The parchment-paper, or septum, stretched over a wooden or gutta-percha ring, used in the operation of dialysis. Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="dialyser">dialyser</internalXref>.
- The instrument or medium used to effect chemical dialysis.
- The part of a <xref>hemodialysis</xref> machine that performs <xref>filtration</xref> by unequal diffusion through membranes
- a medical instrument for separating substances in solution by unequal diffusion through semipermeable membranes