- To put (data, for example) into digital form.
- To finger; handle.
- To finger.
- To convert (information, a signal, an image) into a form expressible in numbers or in binary notation. The original signal before <ex>digitization</ex> is usually in <er>analog</er> form.
- To <xref>represent</xref> something (such as an image or sound) as a <xref>structured</xref> <xref>sequence</xref> of <xref>binary</xref> <xref>digits</xref>
- To <xref>quantize</xref> a <xref>continuous</xref> or <xref>analog</xref> value; to convert it into a <xref>discrete</xref> value
- To <xref>finger</xref>.
- put into digital form, as for use in a computer