- To render unqualified or unfit.
- To declare unqualified or ineligible.
- To deprive of legal rights, powers, or privileges.
- To deprive of the necessary qualifications; deprive of natural or legal power, or the qualities or rights necessary for some purpose; disable; unfit: generally with <em>for</em>, sometimes with <em>from</em>: as, ill health <em>disqualifies</em> the body <em>for</em> labor and the mind <em>for</em> study; a conviction of perjury <em>disqualifies</em> a man <em>for</em> being a witness.
- To deprive of the qualities or properties necessary for any purpose; to render unfit; to incapacitate; -- with <ex>for</ex> or <ex>from</ex> before the purpose, state, or act.
- To deprive of some power, right, or privilege, by positive restriction; to disable; to debar legally.
- To make <xref>ineligible</xref> for something, by the explicit revocation of a previous <xref>qualification</xref>.
- make unfit or unsuitable
- declare unfit