- An expression of praise to God, especially a short hymn sung as part of a Christian worship service.
- A hymn or psalm of praise to God; a form of words containing an ascription of praise to God; specifically, the Gloria in Excelsis or great doxology, the Gloria Patri or lesser doxology, or some metrical ascription to the Trinity, like that beginning “Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.”
- In Christian worship: A hymn expressing praise and honor to God; a form of praise to God designed to be sung or chanted by the choir or the congregation.
- An <xref>expression</xref> of <xref>praise</xref> to <xref>God</xref>, especially a short <xref>hymn</xref> sung as part of a <xref>Christian</xref> <xref>worship</xref> <xref>service</xref>.
- a hymn or verse in Christian liturgy glorifying God