- A noncontagious inflammation of the skin, characterized chiefly by redness, itching, and the outbreak of lesions that may discharge serous matter and become encrusted and scaly.
- An inflammation of the skin attended with considerable exudation of lymph.
- Acute eczema when the color of the skin is very red.
- Pityriasis rubra.
- An inflammatory disease of the skin, characterized by the presence of redness and itching, an eruption of small vesicles, and the discharge of a watery exudation, which often dries up, leaving the skin covered with crusts; -- called also <altname>tetter</altname>, <altname>milk crust</altname>, and <altname>salt rheum</altname>.
- An acute or chronic <xref>inflammation</xref> of the <xref>skin</xref>, characterized by redness, itching, and the outbreak of oozing <xref>vesicular</xref> <xref>lesions</xref> which become encrusted and scaly. It is noncontagious.
- generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin; particularly with vesiculation in the acute stages