- To take (money one has been entrusted with) for personal use.
- To weaken; diminish the power or extent of.
- To waste or dissipate in extravagance; misappropriate or misspend.
- To steal slyly; purloin; filch; make off with.
- To appropriate fraudulently to one's own use, as what is intrusted to one's care; apply to one's private use by a breach of trust, as a clerk or servant who misappropriates his employer's money or valuables.
- To confuse; amaze.
- To appropriate fraudulently to one's own use, as property intrusted to one's care; to apply to one's private uses by a breach of trust.
- To misappropriate; to waste; to dissipate in extravagance.
- To <xref>steal</xref> or <xref>misappropriate</xref> money that one has been <xref>trusted</xref> with, especially to steal money from one's <xref>employer</xref>.
- appropriate (as property entrusted to one's care) fraudulently to one's own use