- To give energy to; activate or invigorate.
- To supply with an electric current.
- To release or put out energy.
- To endow with energy; impart active force or strength to; make vigorous.
- To act with energy or force; operate with vigor; act in producing an effect.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="energise">energise</internalXref>.
- To use strength in action; to act or operate with force or vigor; to act in producing an effect.
- To give strength or force to; to make active; to alacrify.
- To <xref>invigorate</xref>, to make <xref>energetic</xref>.
- To supply with <xref>energy</xref>, especially electricity. To turn on power to something.
- raise to a higher energy level
- cause to be alert and energetic