- The quality of being calm and even-tempered; composure.
- Evenness of mind or temper; calmness or firmness, especially under conditions adapted to excite great emotion; a state of resistance to elation, depression, anger, etc.
- Evenness of mind; that calm temper or firmness of mind which is not easily elated or depressed; patience; calmness; composure.
- The state of being <xref>calm</xref>, <xref>stable</xref> and <xref>composed</xref>, especially under <xref>stress</xref>.
- steadiness of mind under stress