- Equality in distribution, as of weight, relationship, or emotional forces; equilibrium.
- A counterpoise; a counterbalance.
- To bring into a state of equipoise or balance; hold in equipoise.
- To counterbalance.
- An equal distribution of weight; equality of weight or force; just balance; a state in which the two ends or sides of a thing are balanced or kept in equilibrium: as, hold the scales in <em>equipoise.</em>
- A balancing weight or force; a counterpoise.
- Equality of weight or force; hence, equilibrium; a state in which the two ends or sides of a thing are balanced, and hence equal; state of being equally balanced; -- said of moral, political, or social interests or forces.
- A state of <xref>balance</xref>; <xref>equilibrium</xref>.
- A <xref>counterbalance</xref>.
- To act or make to act as an equipoise.
- To cause to be or stay in equipoise.
- equality of distribution