- To subject to the fumes of ether; anesthetize.
- To etherify.
- To convert into the chemical substance ether.
- To subject to the influence of ether: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="etherize">etherize</internalXref> a patient.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="etherise">etherise</internalXref>.
- To convert into ether.
- To render insensible by means of ether, as by inhalation.
- To <xref>convert</xref> into <xref>ether</xref>.
- To render <xref>insensible</xref> by means of ether, as by <xref>inhalation</xref>.
- anesthetize with ether