- The practices and forms prescribed by social convention or by authority.
- A ticket or label, specifically one attached to a specimen of natural history.
- Conventional requirement or custom in regard to social behavior or observance; prescriptive usage, especially in polite society or for ceremonial intercourse; propriety of conduct as established in any class or community or for any occasion; good manners; polite behavior.
- The forms required by good breeding, or prescribed by authority, to be observed in social or official life; observance of the proprieties of rank and occasion; conventional decorum; ceremonial code of polite society.
- The <xref>forms</xref> required by good <xref>breeding</xref>, or prescribed by <xref>authority</xref>, to be <xref>observed</xref> in social or official life; observance of the proprieties of rank and occasion; conventional <xref>decorum</xref>; <xref>ceremonial</xref> code of polite society.
- The <xref>customary</xref> <xref>behavior</xref> of members of a profession, business, law, or sports team towards each other.
- A <xref>label</xref> used to indicate that a letter is to be sent by <xref>airmail</xref>.
- rules governing socially acceptable behavior