- Making severe demands; rigorous.
- Requiring great care, effort, or attention.
- Given to or characterized by exaction; severe in requirement or requisition; exigent in action or procedure: as, an <em>exacting</em> master; an <em>exacting</em> inquiry.
- Attended by exaction; requiring close attention or application; arduous; laborious; absorbing: as, an <em>exacting</em> office or employment; <em>exacting</em> duties; <em>exacting</em> demands upon one's time.
- Oppressive or unreasonably severe in making demands or requiring the exact fulfillment of obligations; harsh; severe.
- Making excessive demands; hard to satisfy.
- Requiring precise accuracy
- Present participle of <xref>exact</xref>.
- requiring precise accuracy
- severe and unremitting in making demands
- having complicated nutritional requirements; especially growing only in special artificial cultures