- One who exacts or levies; specifically, an officer who collects tribute, taxes, or customs.
- One who or that which requires or demands by authority: as, an <em>exactor</em> of etiquette.
- One who compels another to pay more than is legal or reasonable; one who is unreasonably strict in his demands or requirements.
- One who exacts or demands by authority or right; hence, an extortioner; also, one unreasonably severe in injunctions or demands.
- A person who makes illegal or unreasonable demands; an <xref>extortioner</xref>.
- A person who collects taxes.