- A skin eruption accompanying certain infectious diseases.
- A disease, such as measles or scarlet fever, accompanied by a skin eruption.
- Any diffuse or multiple affection of the skin marked by inflammation or simple hyperemia, or by effusion of lymph, or excessive exfoliation of epidermis, but usually restricted to skin-affections belonging to zymotic fevers. Also <internalXref urlencoded="exanthem">exanthem</internalXref>.
- A zymotic fever of which a skin-affection is normally one of the symptoms, as scarlatina or measles.
- In <em>botany</em>, same as <internalXref urlencoded="die-back">die-back</internalXref>.
- An efflorescence or discoloration of the skin; an eruption or breaking out, as in measles, smallpox, scarlatina, and the like diseases; -- sometimes limited to eruptions attended with fever.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>exanthem</xref>.
- eruption on the skin occurring as a symptom of a disease