- To do or be better than; surpass.
- To show superiority; surpass others.
- To surpass in respect to something; be superior to; outdo in comparison; transcend, usually in something good or commendable, but sometimes in that which is bad or indifferent.
- To exceed or be beyond.
- To have certain qualities, or to perform certain actions, in an unusual degree; be remarkable, distinguished, or eminent for superiority in any respect; surpass others.
- To surpass others in good qualities, laudable actions, or acquirements; to be distinguished by superiority.
- To go beyond or surpass in good qualities or laudable deeds; to outdo or outgo, in a good sense.
- To exceed or go beyond; to surpass.
- To <xref>surpass</xref> someone or something; to be <xref>better</xref> or do better than someone or something.
- To be much <xref>better</xref> than others.
- To <xref>exceed</xref>, to go beyond
- distinguish oneself