- Of the highest or finest quality; exceptionally good for its kind.
- Being so to an extreme degree.
- Excelling; possessing excellence; eminent or distinguished for superior merit of any kind; of surpassing character or quality; uncommonly laudable or valuable for any reason; characterized by good or sensible qualities; remarkably good: as, an <em>excellent</em> magistrate; an <em>excellent</em> farm, horse, or fruit; an <em>excellent</em> workman.
- Surpassing; transcendent; consummate; complete: in an ill sense.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> Worthy, fine, admirable, choice, prime, valuable, select, exquisite.
- Excellently; exceedingly.
- Excelling; surpassing others in some good quality or the sum of qualities; of great worth; eminent, in a good sense; superior
- Superior in kind or degree, irrespective of moral quality; -- used with words of a bad significance.
- Excellently; eminently; exceedingly.
- Of the highest <xref>quality</xref>; <xref>splendid</xref>.
- Exceptionally good of its <xref>kind</xref>.
- very good;of the highest quality