- A passage or segment taken from a longer work, such as a literary or musical composition, a document, or a film.
- To select or use (a passage or segment from a longer work).
- To select or use material from (a longer work).
- To take or cull out (a passage in a written or printed work); select; cite; extract.
- An extract from a written or printed work: as, <em>excerpts</em> from the records.
- An extract; a passage selected or copied from a book or record.
- To select; to extract; to cite; to quote.
- a <xref>clip</xref>, <xref>snippet</xref>, <xref>passage</xref> or <xref>extract</xref> from a larger work such as a news article, a film, a literary composition or other <xref>media</xref>
- To select or copy sample material (excerpts) from a work.
- a passage selected from a larger work
- take out of a literary work in order to cite or copy