- Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit.
- Exceeding the usual or proper limit, degree, measure, or proportion; being in excess of what is requisite or proper; going beyond what is sanctioned by correct principles; immoderate; extravagant; unreasonable; as, <em>excessive</em> bulk; <em>excessive</em> labor; <em>excessive</em> charges; <em>excessive</em> vanity; <em>excessive</em> indulgence.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Immense</em>, etc. (see <internalXref urlencoded="enormous">enormous</internalXref>); superabundant, superfluous; inordinate, outrageous, extreme; intemperate, violent.
- Characterized by, or exhibiting, excess; overmuch.
- Exceeding the usual bounds of something; <xref>extravagant</xref>; <xref>immoderate</xref>.
- beyond normal limits
- unrestrained, especially with regard to feelings