- An inert substance used as a diluent or vehicle for a drug.
- Taking exception; objecting.
- One who excepts. [Rare or obsolete.]
- In <em>medicine</em>, an inert or slightly active substance, as conserve of roses, sugar, jelly, etc., employed as the medium or vehicle for the administration of an active medicine.
- An exceptor.
- An inert or slightly active substance used in preparing remedies as a vehicle or medium of administration for the medicinal agents.
- Taking an exception.
- An <xref>ingredient</xref> that is intentionally added to a <xref>drug</xref> for purposes other than the therapeutic or diagnostic effect at the intended dosage.