- One that excites.
- An auxiliary generator used to provide field current for a larger generator or alternator.
- An oscillator for generating the carrier frequency of a transmitter.
- One who or that which excites; one who puts in motion, or the cause which awakens and moves or sets in operation.
- In <em>medicine</em>, a stimulant; an excitant.
- In <em>electricity</em>, the dynamo-electric machine, battery, or other apparatus, which supplies current to energize the magnetic fields of other electric machines.
- One who, or that which, excites.
- A person who <xref>excites</xref>
- The <xref>electronic</xref> <xref>oscillator</xref> that generates the carrier signal for a <xref>transmitter</xref>