- To cry out suddenly or vehemently, as from surprise or emotion.
- To express or utter (something) suddenly or vehemently.
- To cry out; speak with vehemence; make a loud outcry in words: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="exclaim">exclaim</internalXref> against oppression; to <em>exclaim</em> with wonder or astonishment.
- To say loudly or vehemently; cry out: as, he <em>exclaimed</em>, I will not!
- Outcry; clamor; exclamation.
- To cry out from earnestness or passion; to utter with vehemence; to call out or declare loudly; to protest vehemently; to vociferate; to shout.
- Outcry; clamor.
- To <xref>cry out</xref> suddenly, from some strong emotion.
- <xref>Exclamation</xref>; <xref>outcry</xref>, <xref>clamor</xref>.
- utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy
- state or announce