- Running or flowing outward.
- Marked by an outward flow of current.
- Having a single, undivided trunk with lateral branches, as in spruce trees.
- Extending beyond the apex of a leaf, as a midrib or vein.
- Running out.
- In <em>botany</em>: Projecting or running beyond the edge or point of anything, as when the midrib of a leaf projects beyond the apex.
- Prolonged to the very summit: applied to the trunk of a tree which is undivided to the top, as in the spruce, in distinction from a <em>deliquescent</em> growth.
- Giving passage outward; affording exit: as, an <em>excurrent</em> orifice.
- Running or flowing out.
- Characterized by a current which flows outward.
- Of a <xref>vein</xref> or <xref>costa</xref>, <xref>extending</xref> beyond the tip or the <xref>margin</xref> of a <xref>leaf</xref>.