- A lengthy, appended exposition of a topic or point.
- A digression.
- A digression; an excursion.
- A dissertation inserted in a work, as an edition of a classic, to elucidate some obscure or important point of the text.
- A dissertation or digression appended to a work, and containing a more extended exposition of some important point or topic.
- A fuller treatment (in a separate section) of a particular part of the text of a book, especially a <xref>classic</xref>.
- A narrative <xref>digression</xref>, especially to discuss a particular issue.
- a message that departs from the main subject