- A usually curved outdoor bench with a high back.
- An often semicircular portico with seats that was used in ancient Greece and Rome as a place for discussions.
- In <em>ancient architecture</em>, a raised platform with steps, in the open air, often by a roadside or in some other public place, provided with seats for the purpose of repose and conversation.
- A room in a public building, furnished with seats.
- The projection of any part of a building in a rounded form.
- Any out-of-door seat in stone, large enough for several persons; esp., one of curved form.
- A <xref>semicircular</xref> <xref>recess</xref>, with stone <xref>benches</xref>, used as a place for discussion.
- A curved bench with a high back.