- A person skilled in exegesis.
- One who expounds or interprets a literary production, particularly Scripture; one skilled in exegesis; an exegetist.
- In <em>Greek antiquity</em>: A leader; guide; teacher; expounder.
- In Athens, an interpreter of religious law and regulator of ceremonies. The office was confined to the aristocracy.
- An exegetist.
- A person skilled in <xref>exegesis</xref>; an <xref>interpreter</xref>.
- To <xref>interpret</xref>; to perform an <xref>exegesis</xref>.
- a person skilled in exegesis (especially of religious texts)