- To urge by strong, often stirring argument, admonition, advice, or appeal.
- To make an urgent appeal.
- The act of exhorting; an exhortation.
- To incite by words or advice; animate or urge by arguments to some act, or to some course of conduct or action; stir up.
- To advise; admonish; caution.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> To incite, stimulate, encourage; appeal to, beg, enjoin, adjure.
- To deliver exhortation; <em>ecclesiastical</em>, to use appeals or arguments to incite; practise public exhortation.
- To incite by words or advice; to animate or urge by arguments, as to a good deed or laudable conduct; to address exhortation to; to urge strongly; hence, to advise, warn, or caution.
- To deliver exhortation; to use words or arguments to incite to good deeds.
- To <xref>urge</xref>; to <xref>advise</xref> <xref>earnestly</xref>.
- spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
- force or impel in an indicated direction