- One who exhorts or encourages.
- In the <em>Meth, Epis. Ch.</em>, a layman, licensed by the pastor, at the recommendation of the class-meeting or leader's meeting, to hold meetings for prayer and exhortation under the direction of the preacher in charge, and to attend all the sessions of the quarterly conference. He is subject to an annual examination of character in the quarterly conference.
- One who exhorts or incites.
- A person who <xref>exhorts</xref>.
- A <xref>lay</xref> <xref>preacher</xref>.