- To have actual being; be real.
- To have life; live.
- To live at a minimal level; subsist.
- To continue to be; persist.
- To be present under certain circumstances or in a specified place; occur.
- To have actual being of any kind; actually be at a certain moment or throughout a certain period of time.
- Hence To live; continue to have life or animation: as, men cannot <em>exist</em> without air, nor fishes without water.
- To be as a fact and not as a mode; to have an actual or real being, whether material or spiritual.
- To be manifest in any manner; to continue to be.
- To live; to have life or the functions of vitality.
- to <xref>be</xref>; have <xref>existence</xref>; have being or <xref>reality</xref>
- have an existence, be extant
- support oneself