- The act, practice, or ceremony of exorcising.
- A formula used in exorcising.
- The act or process of expelling evil spirits by conjurations and religious or magical ceremonies; a conjuration or ceremony employed for this purpose.
- The act of, or formula used in, raising the devil or other spirit.
- The act of exorcising; the driving out of evil spirits from persons or places by conjuration; also, the form of conjuration used.
- Conjuration for raising spirits.
- the <xref>ritual</xref> <xref>act</xref> of <xref>driving</xref> out supposed <xref>evil</xref> <xref>spirits</xref> from <xref>persons</xref>, <xref>places</xref> or <xref>things</xref> who are <xref>possessed</xref> by them.
- freeing from evil spirits