- One who exorcises evil spirits; <em>ecclesiastical</em>, a member of an order of ecclesiastics, which became a distinct class during the third century, whose office it was to expel evil spirits.
- One who calls or conjures up evil spirits.
- One who expels evil spirits by conjuration or exorcism.
- A conjurer who can raise spirits.
- A person, especially a <xref>priest</xref>, who <xref>practices</xref> <xref>exorcism</xref>.
- one of the minor orders in the unreformed Western Church but now suppressed in the Roman Catholic Church
- someone who practices exorcism