- The outermost layer of the wall of certain spores.
- An asexual spore developed externally by budding, as from a sporophore.
- The outer coat of a spore, corresponding to the extine of pollen-grains: same as <internalXref urlencoded="epispore">epispore</internalXref>.
- An outer coat of dried protoplasm adhering to the surface of a spore, as to the resting-spores of <em>Peronospora</em> and <em>Mucor.</em>
- The extreme outer wall of a spore; the epispore.
- The <xref>outer</xref> <xref>layer</xref> of a <xref>spore</xref>, especially in some <xref>algae</xref> and <xref>fungi</xref>