- A bony growth on the surface of a bone or tooth.
- In <em>pathology</em>, a morbid bony growth on the surface of a bone, arising from bone, periosteum, or articular or epiphyseal cartilage.
- In <em>botany</em>, the formation of woody, wart-like excrescences upon the stems or roots of plants.
- Any protuberance of a bone which is not natural; an excrescence or morbid enlargement of a bone.
- A knot formed upon or in the wood of trees by disease.
- A <xref>benign</xref> <xref>bony</xref> <xref>growth</xref>, often covered with <xref>cartilage</xref>, on the <xref>surface</xref> of a <xref>bone</xref> or <xref>tooth</xref>.
- a benign outgrowth from a bone (usually covered with cartilage)