- A wide and open extent, as of surface, land, or sky.
- The distance or amount of expansion.
- To expand; stretch out.
- Expanded; spread out.
- Separate; single: said especially of years in old planetary tables.
- Spatial or superficial extension; an uninterrupted stretch or area, especially one of considerable extent.
- Specifically In <em>zoology</em>, the extent or stretch of wing; the distance from tip to tip when the wings, as of an insect or a bird, are fully expanded. Also called <internalXref urlencoded="alar%20expanse">alar expanse</internalXref> or <em>extent.</em>
- Enlargement; extension; expansion.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> See <internalXref urlencoded="extent">extent</internalXref>.
- That which is expanded or spread out; a wide extent of space or body; especially, the arch of the sky.
- To expand.
- A wide <xref>stretch</xref>, usually of <xref>sea</xref>, <xref>sky</xref>, or <xref>land</xref>.
- the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary
- a wide scope
- a wide and open space or area as of surface or land or sky