- Having or marked by expectation.
- Having expectation; expecting.
- Looking forward with confidence; assured that a certain future event will occur.
- In <em>medicine</em>, relating to or employed in the expectant method: as, an <em>expectant</em> medicine.
- One who expects; one who waits in expectation; one held in dependence by his belief or hope of receiving some good.
- In Scotland, a candidate for the ministry who has not yet received a license to preach.
- Waiting in expectation; looking for.
- an estate in expectancy. See under <er>Expectancy</er>.
- One who waits in expectation; one held in dependence by hope of receiving some good.
- marked by <xref>expectation</xref>
- in an advanced stage of pregnancy
- marked by eager anticipation