- To lay out; spend: <i>synonym</i>: <strong> spend</strong>.
- To use up; consume.
- To lay out; disburse; spend; pay out.
- To consume by use; spend in using: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="expend">expend</internalXref> time, labor, or material; the oil of a lamp is <em>expended</em> in burning; water is <em>expended</em> in mechanical operations; the ammunition was entirely <em>expended.</em>
- To be laid out, used, or consumed.
- To pay out or disburse money.
- To lay out, apply, or employ in any way; to consume by use; to use up or distribute, either in payment or in donations; to spend
- To <xref>consume</xref> or <xref>exhaust</xref> some <xref>resource</xref>.
- To <xref>spend</xref> or <xref>disburse</xref> <xref>money</xref>.
- use up, consume fully
- pay out