- One that explores, especially one that explores a geographic area.
- An implement or a tool used for exploring; a probe.
- A person aged 14–20 who is a participant in the exploring program of the Boy Scouts of America.
- One who or that which explores: oftenest applied to a geographical worker.
- One who explores; also, an apparatus with which one explores, as a diving bell.
- One who <xref>explores</xref> something
- A person who by means of <xref>travel</xref> (notably an <xref>expedition</xref>) searches out new information.
- Any of various <xref>hand tools</xref>, with <xref>sharp</xref> <xref>points</xref>, used in <xref>dentistry</xref>.
- A visual representation of a <xref>file system</xref> etc. through which the <xref>user</xref> can navigate.
- a commercial browser
- someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose)