- One that expounds or interprets.
- One that speaks for, represents, or advocates.
- A number or symbol, as 3 in (<em>x</em> + <em>y</em>)<sup>3</sup>, placed to the right of and above another number, symbol, or expression, denoting the power to which that number, symbol, or expression is to be raised.
- Expository; explanatory.
- Exemplifying; explicating.
- One who expounds or explains.
- One who or that which stands as an index or representative; one who or that which exemplifies or represents the principle or character of something: as, the leader of a party is the <em>exponent</em> of its principles.
- In <em>algebra</em>, a symbol placed above and at the right of another symbol (the base), to denote that the latter is to be raised to the power indicated by the former.
- A particular example illustrating the meaning of a general statement.
- A number, letter, or any quantity written on the right hand of and above another quantity, and denoting how many times the latter is repeated as a factor to produce the power indicated.
- One who, or that which, stands as an index or representative.
- one who explains, expounds, or interprets.
- the quotient arising when the antecedent is divided by the consequent; thus, 6 is the <ex>exponent</ex> of the ratio of 30 to 5.
- One who <xref>expounds</xref>, <xref>represents</xref> or <xref>advocates</xref>
- The <xref>power</xref> to which a <xref>number</xref>, <xref>symbol</xref> or <xref>expression</xref> is to be <xref>raised</xref>. For example, the 3 in x3.
- a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
- someone who expounds and interprets or explains
- a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea