- To explain in detail; elucidate.
- To make known or set forth; present.
- To make a detailed statement.
- To lay open; examine.
- To set forth the points or principles of; lay open the meaning of; explain; interpret: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="expound">expound</internalXref> a text of Scripture; to <em>expound</em> a law.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Interpret, Elucidate</em>, etc. See <internalXref urlencoded="explain">explain</internalXref>.
- To lay open; to expose to view; to examine.
- To lay open the meaning of; to explain; to clear of obscurity; to interpret.
- To lay <xref>open</xref>; to <xref>expose</xref> to <xref>view</xref>; to <xref>examine</xref> or <xref>exposit</xref>.
- To lay open the <xref>meaning</xref> of; to <xref>explain</xref> or <xref>discuss</xref> at length; to <xref>clear</xref> of <xref>obscurity</xref>; to <xref>interpret</xref>.
- add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing